Job SummaryResponsible for overseeing and supervising the staffing, day-to-day activities and operations of technical staff. Manages and reports relevant key performance indicators. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Perform quality assurance auditing of tickets worked and calls taken by direct reports.
- Interface with backline engineering regarding escalations.
- Manage and report key performance indicators, including average speed to answer, abandon rate, service level % etc.
- Handle difficult customer inquiries and complaints referred by technicians.
- Assist in scheduling and assignment of technical staff to meet support needs.
- Hold monthly, semi-monthly, weekly meetings with staff, individually and as a group to talk about performance towards goals, customer news and needs etc.
- In conjunction with the engineering team, develop new processes and determine division of responsibilities among teams.
- Assist in recruiting and selection of hiring new staff.
- Assist in onboarding of new staff, including ensuring that all needed training is provided.
- Stay abreast of rapidly developing new technologies that will require support from the team.
- Train subordinates as new technology is implemented.
- Perform employee evaluations, disciplinary actions etc.
- Participates in weekly, semi-monthly and monthly customer care calls, as required.
- Serves as first supervisory level on-call.
- Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.