Regional Merchandising Coordinator
REGIONAL MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR
TRAVEL RETAIL AMERICAS – MIAMI, FL
About The Position: The Regional Merchandising Coordinator will support our Fragrance & Cosmetics Travel Retail business across the Americas. This individual plays a key role assisting on the store design and merchandising tasks, executing projects from conception to completion, including maintenance of existing doors. We are looking for someone with experience in project management, to ensure the smooth delivery of new constructions, renovations, and repairs. It is a vital role responsible for maintaining the COTY brands image across the region and keeping track of all progress updating our Capex Trackers and Data Base.
The Merchandising Coordinator will report to the Store Design and Merchandising manager, and work closely with the sales team, retail team, finance team and merchandising team.
This position is a fast paced, customer-focused merchandising delivery role. In this role, the candidate will work on the full Coty Beauty Portfolio. The objective is to win at retail and elevate the brand equities of the Coty portfolio.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assist on the approval process for the design and production of fixtures including new stores and updates with external vendors, including budget, execution and vendor relationship and taking action accordingly
- Collaborate on the Development and production of permanent merchandising fixtures
- Work with the in-house departments such as Marketing team, Sales Team, Retail team, to understand the needs of the markets
- Based on the regional needs and the brand strategy, the person will assist on the creation of Briefs for relevant Brand’s approvals
- Brief external agencies to produce cutting edge design and store concept
- Support the revision technical details for architecture concepts to follow Brand’s guidelines
- In charge on PO creation / Invoice follow up with the support of the finance team
- To liaise with vendors / retailer’s teams to deliver a project according to the retailer’s fit out guidelines and the company's approved plans.
- Scheduling design & construction projects to meet required timescales.
- Coordinate Maintenance and Repairs of existing fixtures
- Support the merchandising team on ad-hoc projects to ensure perfect execution instore
- Support the merchandising team on visuals management
- Update data base of store types and keeping track of all progress on our Capex Tracker
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with internal and external business partners to align support for visual merchandising and brand initiatives
REQUIRED SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- 3-5 years store visual merchandising experience
- Photoshop, AutoCAD required
- Solid experience in project management with proven planning and agility skills
- Understanding of high luxury business requirements / awareness
- Outstanding project management, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience with beauty and or wholesale environments
- Business and customers centric style, results driven
- Strong autonomy and ability to prioritize his/her activities
- Experience in managing external agencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Assertive, confident and autonomous
- Strong desire to work in collaborations with different departments
- Analysis / Reporting skills
- Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, AutoCAD
- Fluent in both English and Spanish*
- Ability to travel as needed - up to 20%