Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Director I, Business Strategy
What you'll do...
Develops the organizational vision and the strategic execution plan by
- performing industry and market analysis
- defining metrics to track performance
- communicating the organizational vision and strategic execution plan
- developing decision making frameworks and communicating progress and measures of success to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and suppliers.
Oversees change initiatives by
- identifying and defining desired change and processes
- validating value and priority; overseeing project plans to implement processes
- assessing readiness for change
- managing expectations
- adjusting approaches to have change adopted by the entire organization and ensuring timely project management from pilot to the execution stage.
Oversees the development and implementation of process improvements to improve business results by
- overseeing the evaluation and execution of multiple projects for merchandising
- directing the consultation with leadership regarding solutions
- touring formats
- reviewing merchandising reports
- leveraging customer and operational needs across the division to identify barriers and obstacles that impact performance across the division and benchmarking competitors' merchandising programs.
Oversees the development, prioritization, and execution of key business strategies and communication by
- leading cross-functional initiatives that impact store and corporate processes
- overseeing the development of business programs and initiatives, customer and company communications, and associate training content.
Provides overall direction by
- analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices
- analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans
- determining and supporting resource requirements
- evaluating operational processes
- measuring outcomes to ensure desired results
- identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
- promoting a customer environment and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by
- diagnosing capability gaps, recruiting, selecting, and developing talent
- supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by
- integrating these values into all programs and practices
- developing consequences for violations or non-compliance and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by
- sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives
- engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 6 years' experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area OR 8 years' experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area.
2 years' supervisory experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional team
Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: Supply Chain, Masters: Transportation
2501 Se J Street Ste B, Bentonville, AR 72712-7761, United States of America