IT Risk Manager
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Prudential Financial is seeking a Manager, Technology Operational Risk Assurance for the Global Technology organization. Reporting to the VP – GT Operational Risk Assurance, this newly created role will perform and contribute to the execution of Technology focused Operational Risk Assessments. Assignments will vary; this position will focus on technical assessments of new and emerging technologies, compliance and controls, new initiatives, as well as Risk and Control Self-Assessment/Testing (RCSA) / Design Self Assessments (DSA).
The role requires a proactive strategic thinker with an advancing understanding of IT risk management, IT operating processes, controls, and technical capabilities, and technical /domain level risk assessment skills. The candidate should have experience working in a fast-paced, evolving global business environment, and possess strong collaborative skills with ability to express concepts clearly and concisely. It will be either be based out of Newark, N.J. or the work location could be flexible based upon Prudential return to work strategy.
- Drive execution of the GT technology operational risk assessment strategy and capability across the organization that optimizes vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing functional strategies
- Assist in the development of, and execute, implement, maintain and optimize an IT operational risk assessment framework and associated processes in place to effectively identify and assess risk with focus on technology, technology processes, and risk and control self-testing.
- Drive execution of IT operational risk assessment activities, including risk and control assessments (test of design and test of execution), third party risk assessments, technical risk assessments, domain/capability risk assessments, transformation initiative risk assessments, risk reporting, and other risk remediation advisory activities
- Partner with other stakeholder organizations (enterprise risk, corporate due diligence, information security, project/program management, etc.) to ensure appropriate risks are identified, mitigated, communicated, and reported
- Help integrate and optimize GT assessment processes with key enterprise operational risks
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of demonstrated success executing IT operational risk assessment and self-testing activities
- Experience building, leading and executing 1st line risk program focused on technology process, risk and control self-testing
- Technical acumen related IT processes, practices, and capabilities. Subject matter expertise in the components and risks related to cloud, information security and cyber, agile development methodology, computer and network infrastructure, and privacy
- Experience executing process and control testing focused on assessing design and operating effectiveness.
- Background in executing risk assessments that would include identifying and determining level of risks related to people, financial, information, technical, third party, etc.
- Experience working through change, ability to apply cultural and local market considerations in analysis
- Demonstrated ability to influence and significant change, including successful track record evaluating and assisting to move forward with emerging technologies, ecosystems or new partnerships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to connect, build relationships and influence business leaders, across all levels
- Bachelor’s degree
- CISSP, CRISC, CISA, and CISM preferred certifications