What you'll do...
Independent Optometrist - Health and Wellness
This position is responsible for managing the operations of an Optometry practice. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Evaluates patients' health condition across and within the full vision center scope of service to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in accordance with optometry scope of practice per state board. Reviews complete patient medical history information and performs comprehensive eye examinations; utilizing observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination, as well as identify signs of vision defects. Prescribing, fitting, and adjusting eyeglasses, contacts lenses, and other vision aids. Recommending, ordering, and interpreting diagnostic tests; providing additional vision treatment as necessary. Developing treatment plans based on patients' clinical presentation using evidence-based care guidelines and patient preferences. Providing patients with appropriate referrals, as needed, to ophthalmologists and other healthcare professionals; and following up with patient and other health professionals regarding any outstanding diagnostics, tests, or other patient information as needed. Completing documentation of patient history, examination, assessment, and treatment plan in a timely manner.
Delivering exceptional customer service through all patient interactions; collaborating with vision center staff on best practices and procedures; ensuring adherence to state, local, and federal healthcare regulations and in contractual compliance with Walmart vision center guidelines.
Assists in overall direction by analyzing business objectives within optical practice and patient needs; developing, communicating, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities within the bounds of the optometry practice.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; and in accordance with Walmart Corporate Policies and Procedures.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Quality Patient Care-Facility - Creates a culture of patient care, safety, and accuracy.
Compliance Focused Execution-Facility - Creates and fosters an environment centered on health care compliance execution.
Manages Optical Operations - Stays current on changes in optical procedures, ideas, and processes and shares the information and ideas with associates and managers.
Judgment: Make Sound Judgments - Uses objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices.
Customer/Member Centered: Promote a Customer/Member-Focused Environment - Creates and maintains an environment that provides customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences.
Execution and Results: Optimize Execution and Results - Uses the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success.
Planning and Improvement: Advocate Planning and Continuous Improvement - Sets and communicates clear and aligned goals, monitors progress, and ensures leaders in own organization do the same.
Influence and Communicate: Inspire Commitment - Develops and communicates logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for one's perspectives and initiatives.
Ethics and Compliance: Promote Ethics and Compliance - Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identifies opportunities and takes action to enhance compliance.
Adaptability: Demonstrate Adaptability - Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities.
Strategy: Think and Act Strategically - Creates strategies for own organization that align with the company's strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities
Social Responsibility and Reputation: Promote Reputation and Social Responsibility - Proactively leads volunteer activities, programs, and initiatives in order to improve the community.
Talent: Assess and Improve Talent - Develops talent and replacement plans for own organization that increase effectiveness, build diversity, and enhance bench strength. Identifies, utilizes, and integrates associates' strengths to produce improved results.
Build Relationships: Build Internal and External Relationships - Builds and sustains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
Enters and locates information on computer.
Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds without assistance.
Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Visually verifies information, often in small print.
Reads information, often in small print.
Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
Visually inspects equipment.
Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
Doctoral degree in Optometry (OD) from accredited optometry school.
Licensed optometrist in good standing in state of practice.
Completion of a post-graduate residency in area of emphasis (for example, family practice, low vision care, pediatric or geriatric optometry, ocular disease).
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
*VA license agreements are with Gumberg Asset Management Corporation*
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
1126 E LYNCHBURG SALEM TPKE, BEDFORD, VA 24523-3446, United States of America