Senior Software Engineer
What you'll do...
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
Team and Position Summary:
The Marketing Technology team has the mandate of increasing the rate of customer acquisition, retention, and revenue by optimizing products and inventing new marketing channels. We are a bunch of super talented and passionate engineers, data scientists, and analysts working together on an array of impactful problems in domains ranging from displaying ads on the Open Web and Social Marketing to organic search channels on [Register to View] and other properties owned by Walmart.
Our team is responsible for design, development, and operations of large-scale data systems operating at petabytes scale. We focus on real-time indexing pipelines, web crawling, streaming analytics, distributed machine learning infrastructure. We interact with multiple teams across the company to provide scalable robust technical solutions.
- Engineering & Design: Design & build highly scalable and relevant software system solutions to drive key business projects and manage multiple agile workstreams using disciplined and diligent scrums.
- Execution : Execute & Automate software process at scale & quality to acquire data and execute annual allocated budgets.
- Impact Assessment and Requirement Analysis - Estimate Engg effort, and scope based on the requirements provided for the project / Program and drive impact assessment of any Change Request that may come up during execution phase.
- Analytics : Utilize analytical approaches & support the buildout of dashboards to produce actionable insights in order to improve the efficiency of automated and programmatic execution of Software Processes.
- Team Player: Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly with an amazing ability to get stuff done. Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community. Coordinate with subject matter experts combining sophisticated analytical capabilities with technical expertise in building high throughput and low latency data-driven pipelines.
- Operation excellence : Be a part of operational excellence, monitor software systems, detect anomalies, conduct root cause analyses, perform escalations, and maintain dashboards. Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues.
- Stakeholder Management: Maintain relationships with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, create and execute roadmaps, based on disruptive strategies, and communicate ideas and progress of roadmap execution to technology leadership
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 6+ years of experience.
- Hands on experience in Data space with an eco-system using Spark, Scala/Python.
- Expertise with working on at least one big data technology like Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Hands on Experience with PL/SQL to query data & generate insights using complex queries, stored procedures, and user defined functions.
- Familiarty with Engineering practices in Analytics space using tools like PowerBi, Tableau Or Looker.
- Solid knowledge of Linux systems with the ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving capability.
- Experience performing regular support & maintenance of the system to keep it optimum efficiency level.
- Working experience in coordinating with & driving teams across Various geographies & time zones to a common software deliverable.
- Experience in bootstrap production and non-prod environments in public/private clouds
- Experience in secure, scalable and highly available online services
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products.
- Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our platform
- Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high-level design.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams
- Experience in Big Data applications
- Experience developing with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat
- Follows the industry trends in the online world
- Good knowledge of High performance Stream processing, Large Scale Messaging Systems
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $136,000.00-$200,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America