Director, Data Science
What you'll do...
Here at Walmart, we're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We're intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
It is evident that technology and strategy are inseparable. You will be on a team to help us capitalize these synergies and encourage us to create maximum value for our customers by developing the right assets for our business along with the right technology solutions to support the physical infrastructure.
You will be part of the team responsible for developing Walmart's future omnichannel Supply Chain strategy that will enable the best customer experience by leveraging all of Walmart's assets. You will aid in developing our long-term fulfillment strategy that optimizes our flow of inventory from suppliers to customers and the related processes, models, and tools required to execute at a high service level and low total delivered cost.
This team is well-positioned to reimagine our supply chain workflows and accelerate implementation of technology across the network.
You'll really wow us if...
Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
You level up when you have the opportunity to teach others and empower those around you to excel.
This role will be responsible for:
End to End Strategy and Analytics - Supplier to Refrigerator or shelf
Omnichannel Supply Chain footprint Strategy, assets - buildings and automation, capability, middle mile, last mile
Omnichannel Supply Chain Tech Strategy
- Integrated digital orchestration, intelligent Flow solution
- Overall strategic omnichannel network design optimizing for assortment, channel, speed, cost, capacity, capability, and inventory
- Network design to include DCs, FCs, Modes of Transportation, Middle Mile, Back of Store, Dark Store, Last mile, Fulfillment and Shipments as a service.
- Connect and Design the overall Ecosystem
- Aid peer groups to enable Available to Promise
- Aid peer groups to enable End to End Inventory Accuracy
- Aid the development and implementation of multi-channel sourcing engine 2.0
- Help envision, design, and implement supporting systems.
- Option 1 - Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- Option 2 - Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- Option 3 - 8 years' experience in an analytics or related field
- Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R
- 4 - 6 years of Supervisory experience
- 7 - 10 years of Data science, machine learning, optimization models
- 7 - 10 years experience using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $208,000.00-$300,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 3: 8 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America