Cloud Engineer III - Hybrid
- Engineer and enable enterprise cloud solutions within a DevOps environment
- Affects target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as Cloud Network Architects, Cloud Data Architects, Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Security Architects, and Cloud Engineering and Development teams.
- Accelerates the adoption of cloud solutions across business units.
- Ensures cloud deployments result in resilient, extensive, and compliant systems. May oversee technology assessments, technology strategy reviews, and provide internal consulting to ensure all areas are practicing sound architecture hygiene.
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Participates in the Development of metrics and scorecards to influence the technology teams on industry best practices for cloud deployments.
- Leads in a fast-paced environment and produces high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Works with business stakeholders to advise them on available SaaS Services and enterprise agreements.
- May lead, allocate and track the daily work of team members and/or contractors. Modifies the daily operations of the team and makes adjustments to short and mid-term priorities. Prioritizes and monitors team tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives.
- Experience with public cloud architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security. Certification: Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert
- Experience with various enterprise applications, IT services, and SaaS solution providers.
- Knowledge of cloud management and cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements.
- Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience in building in Azure using ARM templates and ADO pipelines while complying with static code analysis tools like Sonarcube and security scanners like Nessus.
- Experience with CI/CD tools, preferably Azure DevOps Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience - scripting and automation via AZ CLI/PowerShell, Bash, Bicep, JSON templates etc.
- Deep experience in building Kubernetes environment in Azure . Kube in hybrid/multi cloud environment is a moderate plus.
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation Logical thinking, troubleshooting, presentation, and communication skills with strong drive for results Experience developing design specifications, test plans and protocols Prior experience in building Linux servers at scale. Enabling DevOps in IaaS is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic Technology concepts Routing, Backups, NAT, Business continuity or Disaster recovery , Multi AZ/ multi region architecture Experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- Experience managing operations of large scale internet-centric Data environments for application or data services serving tens to millions of end users Experience presenting technical ideas in business-friendly language.
An employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $74,175 and $189,840 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable, will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here [Register to View]