Duane Reade Shift Leader
Duane Reade is seeking a dynamic, flexible and motivated team player to join our team of management professionals as a Shift Leader. Duane Reade offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. We provide our Shift Leaders with the tools, training and support they need to be successful in leading a Duane Reade store; focusing on being a store that has a uniquely rewarding flare for our customers. The Shift Leader will assume general responsibility for the store in the absence of the assistant manager.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and track store financial performance, cash control, inventory, safety, customer service and management of entire staff.
- Support assistant manager in the execution of all company initiatives.
- Lead by example and ensure the entire staff is providing superior customer service.
- Ensure price integrity is maintained to comply with weights and measures.
- Ensure compliance to applicable labor laws, legal requirements, company policy, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain positive working relationships with direct reports, peers, vendors, union officials, and corporate office personnel.
- Ensure marketing initiatives, plano-grams, and store conditions are compliant with the corporate standard.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate work activities for the entire staff using effective time management skills.
- Ensure store is well stocked and product is rotated accordingly using a state of the art replenishment system.
- Establish and maintain a friendly hospitable harassment-free work environment.
- Motivate and lead others to perform a variety of tasks that all lead to one common objective.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Six months of prior work experience with Duane Reade, with a performance evaluation on file or one year of prior retail work experience as a retail key carrier or shift leader (external candidates).
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- “Achieves expectations” rating on last performance review.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.