(USA) Software Engineer II
What you'll do...
Manages small to medium-sized complex team projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technicalsolutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solutions based on return on investment and value add to thebusiness; gathering needed information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code;communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams;identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use;and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technicalfeasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new andenhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis toreduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions asdesignated in the plan; and completing online documentation.Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice andguidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; andbuilding commitment for perspectives and rationales.Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying businessneeds; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing onimprovement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into thedevelopment and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these inexecuting business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 1 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America