Principal Service Designer "Remote"
The Principal Service Designer is responsible for leading holistic service design activities within a designated strategic development area or value stream. He or she champions a design thinking methodology - guiding project teams through the process of capturing, analyzing, and visualizing customer insights; concepting, ideation, prototyping, evaluation and iteration. Solutions generated out of these processes will be truly omni-channel, living in both physical and digital spaces.
A key responsibility is facilitating ideation workshops with cross-functional internal teams, as well as outside design/development partners. This individual must be adept at working with colleagues from research, design, and technology – as well as business SMEs and executives. The Principal Service Designer is a natural collaborator and consensus builder, comfortable both in the field and in the boardroom.
The Principal Service Designer will use a diverse set of methods and resources to illustrate all the components and touchpoints of the service, and co-produce deliverables such as qualitative research reports, customer and employee journey maps, process flows, and prototypes. This leader also helps define service design best practices for Walgreens as we grow our internal practice.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience leading service design and/or user experience projects OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience leading service design and/or user experience projects.
- Experience in leading/mentoring user experience, product, or service designers
- Experience conducting qualitative user research
- Experience participating in and defining, user experience processes including identifying best practices
- Experience interacting with creative teams, business owners and technical teams
- Familiarity with engineering / development processes, particularly Agile
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. In Colorado, an employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $122,600 and $196,200 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here [Register to View] . Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the positions, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-[Register to View] .