Staff Technical Program Manager
What you'll do...
Here at Walmart, we're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We're intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
What you'll do...
Movement. That's the secret to Walmart's supply chain. We move products to 200 million customers through more than 11,000 stores. And, as our customers move to digital, we're moving with them. We are an agile and dynamic business, and our products and initiatives are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to provide the best retail experience for our customers - be it online or in stores. A line of code can change the way the world shops. Join our team of technologists and be on the forefront of a smarter future - put your career on the move with us.
We are an integral part of the core services item and supply chain technology team at Walmart Global Tech that is critical to push the boundaries for the entire company that will impact millions of customers' daily lives. If enhancing real-world experiences with technology is your passion, keep on reading!
As a Staff Technical Program Manager, you will drive several cross functional projects while leveraging your technical and product experience to continuously deliver fulfillment related programs for core services item and supply chain teams.
You'll make an impact by:
- Helping solve technical problems with urgency by helping technical teams reach consensus by asking the right questions and offering solutions.
- Being a Master of Communication. You relentlessly strive to ensure that the right information is delivered to the right audience about your programs and projects. This communication clearly articulates scope, timelines, owners, risks, mitigation, and successes.
- Dealing with technical and business ambiguity while delivering clarity of vision for your projects and programs.
- You are a strong self-starter and show deep ownership with every project you drive
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields and 5-8 years of experience in technology companies, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cross functional Program Management experience
- Experience working with technical teams. Interest and ability to learn other technical areas as needed.
- Experience leading teams from planning to execution and prioritizing development work across multiple programs
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to large scale technical discussions, identifying potential areas of risk and clearing a path to execution
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
• Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related area and 5 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
• Option 2: 7 years' experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in Project Management., Master's degree in Business Administration, with specialization in strategy, supply chain, finance, information systems, or related area and 3 years' experience in product design.
121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America