Principal Software Engineer
Leads software engineering team in the development of assigned software applications and tools. Serves as the technical lead in design, development, and deployment of successful cross-functional projects in support of next generation Digital/Online platform for Walgreens. Plays a leading role to functionally decompose complex problems into simple & straight forward solutions. Ensures quality of architecture and design of systems. Assists directly and indirectly in continual hiring and development of technical talent. An innovative contributor to patents & intellectual property.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software system or application for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools for highly strategic and complex/high risk undertakings. Plays a leading role in new software design and development.
- Writes code that establishes coding specifications, typically for software programs and systems that have no precedent. Leads in developing the technical "vision" and design specifications assigned for projects and oversees implementation.
- Develops, or may lead in developing, technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud based or internet-related tools for highly strategic and complex/high risk undertakings
- Owns the development and rollout for an entire product, or large project. Champion process (Scrum, TDD, etc.). Writes tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets standards. Foes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed, take on additional "tech lead" responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion.
- Use technical expertise in software design, architecture and software and system interrelationships.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information / solutions related to ares of expertise and/or gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions
- May lead teams / projects
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View] .
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years OR High School/GED and at least 9 years experience in Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Experience writing code for complex online applications, microservices or mobile applications
- Experience in algorithms, systems, architecture, bit-and-bytes- and automation
- Experience with technical project management
- Experience writing and maintaining processes documentation
- Experience creating coding solutions to fix complex problems/issue
- Experience engaging at the executive level
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional tea leadership
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state or out of state)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 7+ Years of Mobile App development in Kotlin (Android)
- Automation using cloud based products like AppCenter, ADO
- Experience in ReactNative Programming.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing & operations
- Experience working with Product development teams in translating standard specs to feature and technical specs.
- Experience in building Design patterns, modularized application to help scale the code to empower and enable the development teams
- Experience in developing iOS build scripts, Maven integration ( android), Branching Strategy
- Experience distributing Mobile app Application for Internal (TestFlight ( iOS). Google Playstore ( Alpha & Beta)) and Public releases.