Manager- Category Strategy
- Manages the daily strategic activities that develop and operationalizing a customer-led and data-driven approach to multiple components / processes for a specified section of work within Category/Format Strategy.
- Collaborates with a team and / or cross-functional partners responsible for developing and implementing strategies that support category at growth within established policies, procedures and standards of the specified discipline. Outcomes managed have an impact on category at initiatives.
- May become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- May make recommended changes to strategy/roadmap for area of responsibility.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. Manages the development and implementation of processes and /or tools. May oversee team(s) assigned to projects and manages the execution processes.
- Collaborates and works cross-functionally to develop strategies to mitigate loss and/or optimize profitability.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes and relationships.
- Continuously evaluates best practices, methodology and tools and seeks to improve deliverables in order to maintain alignment with business needs.
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize specified area of responsibility.
- Analyzes the competitive marketplace for patterns and trends and makes recommendations for application of findings. Provides recommendations in creation and development of templates, methodologies, and presentations relating to strategies for area of responsibility.
- May create and execute divisional projects based on strategic need. Utilizes project management skills to create client-focused deliverables, delegate work, execute project analysis, and deliver strategic results.
- Provides guidance, direction, coaching, and counseling to a team of analysts and/or cross-functional partners.
- Allocates available resources to meet strategic objectives. Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View] .
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High School Diploma /GED and at least 5 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least 1 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.