Internal Auditor- Hybrid
Under general supervision of a more experienced auditor, assists with Financial, Operational, IT audits or investigations. Reviews and tests the design and effectiveness of internal controls for a specific portion of the audit. Identifies the need for recommendations and improvements in internal control.
- Assists with a variety of audits in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
- Attends kickoff and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
- Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance and substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
- May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies audit concerns, and effectively communications, as identified, to audit team.
- Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit for formal report to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
- Adheres to detailed project timelines.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
- Experience working with internal control concepts (risk and control).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business management, computer science, quantitative analysis, or other business fields.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Internship experience in an analytical role.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System’s Auditor (CISA).
- Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Distribution industry.
- Experience working with statistical sampling procedures.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, or regulations.
- Experience working with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.