Lead Software Engineer - Remote
This role demonstrates proficiency in all areas of the professional function and advanced in-depth specialization to perform and implement activities that impact components / processes of specified functional areas of the Walgreens Digital/Online application. This role is typically assigned to strategic, complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
Mentors less experienced members of the team. May lead teams / projects.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Writes code that establishes and enhances coding specifications, typically for software programs and systems that have little or no precedent.
- Delivers software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Leads the daily work of assigned work group / team. Recommends modifications to the daily operations of the assigned work group / team. Makes needed adjustments to short-term priorities.
- Owns a functional area. Breaks large requests down into sub-tasks, gives higher-level status updates. Writes test plans. Takes operational responsibility. Sets measurable goals and meets them. Reviews code changes.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Interacts with direct team of accountability, peers and/or managers in other teams. May interact with vendors and/or customers to share information and improve workflow processes.
- May design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of the professional function and advanced in-depth specialization in some.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Has proven expertise in software design, architecture and software and system interrelationships. Has expert knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Sets software engineering project schedules, defines project parameters and tasks and monitors project tasks. Develops and keeps the "vision" of the project, leading others toward its completion.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Owns the development and rollout for an entire product, or large project. Champions process (Scrum, TDD, etc). Writes tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets standards. Goes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed, takes on additional “tech lead” responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion.
- Allocates and tracks the work of individual contributors. Participates in teaching and training members of work group / team.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens ([Register to View] .