IT Principal Technical Architect
Defines IT architecture to ensure that the organization's IT solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to strategy. Implements and may lead activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams. Assigned highly-complex, strategic undertakings that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Receives work in short, mid- and long- term outcomes and operates within the context of defined operating outcomes.
- Leads the creation of or creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization. Leads the definition of software architecture to ensure that the IT organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Leads the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software engineering personnel on a wide range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Develops technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares highly-complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Performs systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
- Leads development teams on projects to guide timely and accurate delivery of new features or technical improvements.
- Develops the technical “vision” and designs specifications of assigned projects and may perform as implementation lead.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. Leads teams / projects and implementations.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of work team.
- May represent IT Technology in internal or external forums.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in an IT engineering role OR High school / GED and at least 9 years of experience in an IT engineering role.
- At least 4 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences)
- At least 2 years' experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- At least 2 years' experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years' direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- An employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $98,100 and $267,000 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan if applicable. The actual salary will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here [Register to View]