Pharmacist Local Specialty
- Medication management to include collecting medical and medication histories from patients, comprehensive medication review, medication monitoring, and provider outreach to relay recommendations for adjustments to drug therapy when necessary.
- Education and Behavioral Counseling to provide patient specific education and recognized wellness coaching processes to promote behavior modification. Sessions are typically one on one through face-face interaction or virtual meetings. Group meetings may also be provided.
- Preventive care services to include risk assessments and screenings for CLIA-waived tests, such as cholesterol, glycated hemoglobin measurements, and associated labs as defined by collaborative practice agreements and state regulations.
- Preceptor for pharmacy students and residents.
- Participation in outreach events for patient engagement and residency recruitment.
- Improves prescription numbers, pharmacy sales, profit, and image through the accurate filling of prescriptions, and by providing courteous and efficient service to customers inclusive of patients, prescribers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, and health systems.
- Reports prescription errors immediately and adheres to Company policies and procedures relating to prescription incidents and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and Company policies governing all drugs and products; maintains required records, documentation, and reports.
- Recommends and implements asset protection controls and procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Improves and maintains pharmacy department housekeeping, maintenance, and appearance for the safety, health, and well-being of customers and employees, and ensures adherence to applicable government regulations and laws.
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of pharmacy department systems and equipment.
- Maintains awareness of third-party pharmacy business opportunities and assures proper administration and implementation of third-party pharmacy systems and procedures to lessen payment rejections.
- Adheres to Company buying procedures, recommends and orders merchandise from proper internal and external sources.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the pharmacy, health care, and retail management fields that relate to job responsibilities, and integrates them into own practices.
- Maintains a WellCoaches coaching certificate, a coaching certificate from an ICF-accredited program, or equivalent advanced training in Motivation and Leading change or willingness to obtain
- At least 1 year of experience in Disease State Management or 2 years of clinical experience or acceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited clinical residency program, or demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of member satisfaction.
- Experience in developing and implementing education programs for clinicians and lay persons.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff: experience in counseling/teaching in one on one or small groups.
- Preferred experience in health promotion and/or worksite wellness.
- Preferred experience with electronic medical records.
- Preferred experience with tracking data, processing information, and generating reports
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with physicians and other health professionals and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse patient groups; ability to speak Spanish.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institute.
- Current pharmacist license in the states within the district (or willing to obtain in 1 year) per district guidelines.
- At least 1 year of pharmacy experience including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Has completed specialized training regarding medication and disease state or has sufficient practical experience that is necessary to provide specialized services offered at clinic location (HIV, Organ Transplant, Oncology, etc.).
- Previous experience at a Walgreens Local Specialty Pharmacy.
- Overall score of Exceeds Expectations for the most recent performance review period and an overall score of Achieving Expectations for the earliest review period.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and salary available for this position by clicking here: [Register to View] . Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-[Register to View] .