Sr. Data Scientist
Job Classification:Technology - Data Analytics & Management
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
If your skills reside at the intersection of analytics, technology, business and innovation, then we have a unique and exciting opportunity for you! Prudential Financial is looking for a Data Scientist to join our diverse team of Engineers, Economists, Computer Scientists, Mathematicians, Physicists, Statisticians and Actuaries tasked with mining our industry-leading internal data to develop new analytics capabilities for our businesses. The role requires a rare combination of sophisticated analytical expertise; business acumen; strategic mindset; client relationship skills, problem solving; and a passion for generating business impact. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a strategic initiative that is evolving and growing over time. Primary responsibilities for this position include leading, designing, building, testing and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact Data Science projects focused on strategic business initiatives.
· Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key business stakeholders
· Identify, source, transform and join public, proprietary and internal data sources
· Model large structured and unstructured data sources (e.g. financial transactional, time-series, text, speech/audio and image)
· Implement advanced statistical methods for prediction and optimization including a wide variety of machine learning technologies (logit, regression, decision trees/forests, boosted models, clustering, etc.) for purposes including explorative analysis, survival analysis, segmentation, prediction and recommendation systems
· Perform analysis and implement solutions that maximize business impact
· Prepare and present written and verbal reports to key stakeholders
· Some domestic travel may be required
· Execute all aspects of an advanced analytical projects with minimal guidance
· Identify analytical solutions for business problems
· Advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D.) in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Econometrics, Physics, Computer Science, Actuarial, Data Science, or comparable quantitative disciplines
· Two to three years of industry experience with responsibility for developing advanced quantitative, analytical, statistical solutions
· Hands-on experience applying a wide variety of statistical machine learning techniques to real world problems spanning analysis, predictive modeling and optimization on structured and unstructured data
· Experience using tools such as SQL, SageMaker, Python, R, or equivalent for statistical modeling of large data sets
· Well-developed written and oral communication skills with ability to present complex statistical concepts to non-analytical stakeholders (Excel, Word and PowerPoint are a must)
· Software engineering experience in C/C++/C#/Java/Scala or similar object oriented or functional languages is highly regarded but not a prerequisite M.B.A. when combined with advanced quantitative degree is highly regarded but not a prerequisite
· Prior academic or industry research experience is highly regarded but not a prerequisite
· Prior exposure to financial services or insurance industry may be helpful but is not a prerequisite
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.