What you'll do...
Join us as we bring zero loss, six sigma and lean principles to drive key breakthroughs at the world's largest retailer! The Senior Continuous Improvement Leader will lead the implementation of the Walmart Performance System (WPS) in our distribution centers. This leader will help create a culture of continuous improvement sustained by the transfer of knowledge and skills to our associates. We are engaging and enabling those associates to lead in a new way and empowering them to become business partners that are helping solve to some of our biggest challenges.
You'll wow us if....
• You are an expert at mentoring focused improvement methodologies (Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC, etc.).
• You lead through influence rather than reporting structure.
• You possess a great deal of energy and a positive attitude.
• You have a high learning index, a high numeric ability and high verbal reasoning skills.
• You develop and facilitate workshops to drive change in your current or past work environment.
• You participate in strategic planning meetings to create alignment toward your organization's strategy.
• You coach, teach, and mentor teams through implementation of lean and six sigma principles/methodologies within your team.
You'll make a difference by...
• Creating strategic working relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with stakeholders of WPS. Relate to others in an accepting and respectful manner. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces and values diversity in others.
• Setting up associates for success - Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals, and helps others do the same. Plans for and ensures others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to accomplish tasks throughout the journey. Identifies gaps in the current situation and enables others to meet their objectives.
• Driving Execution - Drives the execution of the Walmart Performance System by identifying the operational gaps and needs. Develops and communicates the implementation plans and priorities while removing barriers and obstacles that impact process understanding and performance.
• Being a team player - Associate Centered - Is able to define what winning looks like for the associate and team as a whole. Analyzes data and information and develops plans to exceed associate expectations. Coaches new initiatives and creates an information sharing environment to provide associates value through innovation and problem solving. Fosters a collaborative and challenging environment to reinforce engagement and empowerment of the associates.
• Developing Others - Multiplier of talent, through the consistent transfer of knowledge and understanding of the system. Engage all levels in problem solving to enable self - actualization, self - esteem and promote being part of something winning to create true purpose within our associates. Ensure all ideation is heard and feedback is given in a simple, specific, honest, accurate and timely manner.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 3 years' experience in retail operations, content development, project management, or related area OR 5 years' experience in retail operations, content development, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Microsoft Office, Retail Industry, Training and Development, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Lean Six Sigma Champion Certification - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
2785 COMMERCE CENTER BLVD, BETHLEHEM, PA 18015-0000, United States of America