What you'll do...
Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure safety, proper functionality, and aesthetics of facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by following established preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines; inspecting, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures; observing and documenting signs of wear and tear; and documenting preventive maintenance activities.
Performs minor repairs on facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment); inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues; dismantling equipment, machines, or facilities to access and remove defective parts; diagnose problems utilizing blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary; utilizing hand tools, power tools, hoists, and other equipment; providing prompt response to emergency calls; and documenting repair activities.
Manages work orders and routine maintenance schedules by completing and providing required written and electronic information (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, work orders, maintenance logs); requesting parts for maintenance or repair work; recording parts usage; conducting price comparison of parts and travel related costs; submitting warranty claims; complying with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines; ensuring quality work is completed that complies with federal, state, and local regulations and codes; unloading and storing equipment; and transporting equipment between facilities.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omni merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 2 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade.
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
1450 E MAIN ST, CARBONDALE, IL 62901-3140, United States of America