Associate Actuary (Virtual)
Job Classification:Actuarial - Actuarial
Prudential Retirement Services develops, markets, and services an array of industry-leading annuities and retirement products designed to help investors and institutions protect their financial outcomes, with over $200 billion of current business.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Actuary on the Actuarial Strategy and Analytics team; a critical member of an agile team that supports the development, execution, and monitoring of the business strategy.
· Produce analysis supporting inforce management, regulatory and strategic initiatives
· Proactively drive innovation and provide insights to enable business decision-making and deliver positive financial outcomes
· Collaborate with business and corporate partners (e.g. Product, Treasury) and Actuarial partners on cross functional strategic initiatives
· Communicate key insights to cross-functional leaders and/or senior management
Actuarial exam progress (ASA preferred but not required) with a degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, computer science, or other related quantitative fields
· Min. 4 years of actuarial experience with insurance/retirement products; institutional retirement experience preferred (Pension Risk Transfer, Longevity Reinsurance, etc.); experience in one or more accounting regimes (e.g. U.S. Statutory, U.S. GAAP) a plus
· Experience with actuarial projection systems and Excel/VBA; experience with SQL, Power BI, and Python a plus
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills; understands the “why” behind the work
· Curiosity, with a penchant for learning and collaboration
· Good oral and written communication skills; can effectively highlight key insights in a clear, concise manner; can explain technical issues in understandable terms
· Owns deliverables and independently sees them to completion
· Effectively prioritizes multiple initiatives
· Open to remote/virtual location outside of commutable Newark, NJ locationNote: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $111,400.00 to $165,800.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.