(USA) Area Manager - Maintenance (fashion, Import, Print Solutions, Regional, Returns, Sam's, Wm.com)
What you'll do...
Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
Manages maintenance department daily operations by monitoring and ensuring department performance related to maintaining warehouse equipment (e.g., material handling equipment, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, air compressors, ammonia refrigeration equipment, general building repairs); and monitoring and ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, NFPA, Storm Water, DOT, etc.) relating to maintenance operations.
Manage financial aspects as assigned and/or in area of responsibility by monitoring and tracking expenses and capital expenditures compared to budget; monitoring asset utilization; and preparing, reviewing, and/or analyzing business reports.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Associate's Degree or Technical School Certification in an Industrial related field and 1 year related maintenance department supervisory experience OR Bachelor's Degree in a Business, Industrial, or related field OR 1 year supervisory experience in a maintenance related environment supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 2 year Walmart Logistics maintenance experience including six months experience leading a work or project team (e.g. risk control) OR 2 years supervisory experience in an industrial related environment; supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees with 1 year experience in the maintenance field.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Compliance, General Maintenance, Microsoft Office, Refrigeration Equipment - Supermarkets, Supervising Associates, Warehouse Management Systems
Bachelors: Business, Bachelors: Logistics
2 GATEWAY BLVD., PEDRICKTOWN, NJ 08067-0000, United States of America