(USA) Technician I, General Facilities Maintenance - WMUS
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities, equipment, and assets by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment) and using hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
General Maintenance Technician Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience, or 2 years' total work experience, in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade
- Valid Driver's License
- Can lift 20 lbs frequently and 50 lbs occasionally
- Can move up and down ladders frequently
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
Benefits of the General Maintenance Technician position:
- SIGN ON BONUS
- Eligible for bonus incentive
- 10% Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omni merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 2 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade.
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
10900 S. DOTY AVENUE, CHICAGO, IL 60628-0000, United States of America