Store Manager Unassigned
- Responsible for learning Walgreens’ operations and ways of working to lead “one-box” (full store operations across front-end and pharmacy). Responsible for completing accelerated development track to Store Manager during the specified timeframe as outlined in the learning plan.
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, oversees the operation (front-end and pharmacy) of a Walgreen store.
- Supports store operations by shadowing or assisting the Store Manager in leading store throughout the learning journey.
- Complete rigorous, accelerated program including all certifications needed for the Store Manager role.
- Attends and completes classroom learning, online training and on-the-job training. Fulfills assigned rotations and learning objectives by spending time in other stores in the area as assigned.
- Follows individual development plans offered by District Manager. Participates in one-on-one conversations with Store Manager and District Manager to have continuous professional growth and demonstrates permanent assignment readiness and proficiency of learning topics with the Director of Pharmacy and Retail operations.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, learning about the fields of retail, pharmacy, and management, seeking best practices.
- Learns and actively implements compliance standard operational procedures (SOPs) across front-end and pharmacy. Gains knowledge of all computer and technology systems and software.
- Obtains pharmacy technician registration/licensure as required by state law (and pursues PTCB certification, as required by state).
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer complaints in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience. Models and shares customer service best practices.
- Monitors customer service, provides coaching, training, and develops plans for improvements in both the front-end and pharmacy. Empowers team members to find the most impactful resolution for customers; seeks solutions that exceed customer expectations and builds loyalty.
- Supports Store Manager in observing customer service trends, analyzing customer feedback, creating awareness to the business, and improving service metrics.
- Shadows Store Manager, gains experience, performs and demonstrates proficiency supervising the operation of the store and team members, including gaining exposure to opening/closing/changing shifts, and delegating tasks to team members. Demonstrates the ability to supervise merchandising tasks, including sets, resets, and revisions of basic department and end stands, display tables, and promotional space, using multiple discount pricing, signs, advertising, promotional items, seasonality, etc.
- Supports Store Manager in protecting store assets by administering and monitoring internal loss prevention programs and systems. Learns to maintain and react to the electronic surveillance system and ensures price accuracy, using reports and in-store price audits.
- Learns to analyze inventory trends and supervises inventory management. Verifies proper standard operating procedures are being adhered to for receiving, counting, ordering, pricing, and returning points of execution for both front-end and pharmacy. Learns to supervise receiving, sticking, pricing, returning and transferring merchandise.
- Supervises operations of the assigned location, including strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the sale of alcohol, tobacco, fresh food, and pharmacy products.
- Provides for the safety and well-being of team members; effectively utilizes the Security Operations Center.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers and business partners.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned, including assisting team members as needed.
- Learns to analyze financial & performance data for the store and pharmacy. Develops action plans to improve business results, including increasing sales and controlling costs.
- Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and performance of the store and pharmacy.
- Reviews and analyzes asset protection data and develops action plans to reduce loss.
- Reviews daily performance indicators and weekly operational metrics . Prepares action plans to improve results to discuss with the Store Manager and District Manager.
- Analyzes pharmacy performance indicators and works with the Pharmacy Manager and/ or Pharmacy Operations Manager to enhance the performance of the pharmacy.
- Works with Store Manager to understand key inventory metrics and processes.
- Learns how to grow front-end and pharmacy business with new initiatives directed by the Support Center, community outreach, and retail partnerships through planning, implementing, executing, and following up with a review.
- Learns all aspects of people management at Walgreens, including training/ coaching on standard operating procedures.
- Learns how to effectively use Walgreens’ HR and people management systems to supervise team members.
- Shadows Store Manager in action planning and performance conversations, becoming familiar with performance management assessment criteria and metrics. Understands how to use discipline and performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Reviews and becomes knowledgeable all company policy and local, state and federal laws related to selection, recruitment, record retention and training of team members.
- Supports Store Manager in leveraging the team’s strengths, skills, and abilities to increase engagement, overcome challenges, solve problems, and adapt to changes that the store faces.
- Shadows Store Manager and attends all critical communication sessions, e.g., one-on-one discussions, group meetings. Learns best practices for providing and receiving feedback, soliciting input, answering questions, and ensuring communications are open between management and non-management team members.
- Assists Store Manager and/or District Manager in planning and attending community events.
- Gains experience facilitating team member discussions around key operational and engagement metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years retail management experience or High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of retail management experience.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended days, evenings, and weekend hours.
- Willingness to accept assignment into a Store Manager position, if an assignment is offered.
- Willingness to transfer to other Walgreens retail assets located within the same hiring Area.
- PTCB Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Managerial experience with another employer in a Retail Store/Hospitality Manager or Retail Store/Hospitality Assistant Manager capacity, with people leadership, business management, and customer-facing experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
To see the salary range for this position please click here: [Register to View]