Lead Software Engineer - Genesys (Remote)
This role demonstrates proficiency in all areas of the professional function and advanced in-depth specialization to perform and implement activities that impact components / processes of specified functional areas of the Walgreens Digital/Online application. This role is typically assigned to strategic, complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
Mentors less experienced members of the team. May lead teams / projects.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Writes code that establishes and enhances coding specifications, typically for software programs and systems that have little or no precedent.
- Delivers software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Leads the daily work of assigned work group / team. Recommends modifications to the daily operations of the assigned work group / team. Makes needed adjustments to short-term priorities.
- Owns a functional area. Breaks large requests down into sub-tasks, gives higher-level status updates. Writes test plans. Takes operational responsibility. Sets measurable goals, and meets them. Reviews code changes.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Interacts with direct team of accountability, peers and/or managers in other teams. May interact with vendors and/or customers to share information and improve workflow processes.
- May design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all areas of the professional function and advanced in-depth specialization in some.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Has proven expertise in software design, architecture and software and system interrelationships. Has expert knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Sets software engineering project schedules, defines project parameters and tasks and monitors project tasks. Develops and keeps the "vision" of the project, leading others toward its completion.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Owns the development and rollout for an entire product, or large project. Champions process (Scrum, TDD, etc). Writes tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets standards. Goes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed, takes on additional “tech lead” responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion.
- Allocates and tracks the work of individual contributors. Participates in teaching and training members of work group / team.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at [Register to View] .
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience for Engineering, Software Engineering or related field OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience for Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience writing code for moderate to complex online applications, microservices or mobile applications or deployment automation
- Experience with programming languages for online applications, microservices or mobile applications or deployment automation
- Experience designing/building moderately complex applications
- Experience writing automated test scripts
- Experience creating coding/scripting solutions to fix complex problems/issues
- Experience engaging and the executive level
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Genesys Engage—An in-depth knowledge of all areas of the Engage framework, including Configuration Layer, Management Layer, User Interaction Layer, Media Layer, and the Services Layer. Experience with integration points, including Genesys Media Services, Custom Workflows, Session Border Controllers, and a customized Workspace Desktop Edition application.
- Genesys Interaction Recording & Analytics (GIR/GIA)—An in-depth knowledge of GIR/GIR architecture, including Recording Crypto Services, Web Services, Media Control Processors, Desktop Integration, and Cassandra databases.
- Genesys Reporting—An in-depth knowledge of Genesys reporting architecture and integration points, including InfoMart, GIM, Pulse Real-Time Reporting, GCXI Historical Reporting, and support for custom SQL extracts from historical interactions.
- Genesys Workforce Management (GWFM)—An in-depth knowledge of the GWFM application, including its integrations with Genesys Engage and experience with custom third-party connectors.
- Prior experience in leading a group of automation/DevOps or development engineering team
- Prior experience to deployment automation for various applications IaaS, PaaS platforms on a large complex system
- Experience in working on Kubernetes platform on a microservices architecture on high traffic applications
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components (e.g. databases, networking, DNS, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization)
- Experience in operationalization high traffic Web and Mobile applications through monitoring and alerting for a polyglot application stack
- Mentor team in the choice of Enterprise Integration patterns for a seamless integration with other enterprise & external assets
- Big picture person with obsession about functional completeness, performance, security & resilience of end-to-end solution
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Testing Automation using cloud based products like AppCenter, ADO
- Experience in ReactNative Programming.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing & operations
- Accessibility Experience
- Experience in building Design patterns, modularized apps
- Excellent Debugging, Optimization and Performance Skills.
- 6+ years of SME experience integrating, transforming and consolidating data from various structured and unstructured data systems for building analytics solutions in any cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- 6+ years of experience working with Product Owner and domain experts to deliver data analytics and data Integration solutions
- Experience in SQL, Java or Python programming
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as Cosmos, Cassandra
- Experience in Azure cloud technologies like Azure Data Flow, Data Bricks, and Azure Synapse.