Distribution Warehouse Maintenance
As a member of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for repairs and preventative maintenance on Distribution Center equipment and the building. This role will Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage, identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner. Jobs Include:
- General Maintenance Associate
- Maintenance Technician
- Multi Skilled Technician
- Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
- Maintenance Planner
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com.
The hourly wage range for this position is $13.00 to $39.45.
*The actual hourly rate will equal or exceed the required minimum wage applicable to the job location.
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation in the form of premiums may be paid in amounts ranging from $0.35 per hour to $3.00 per hour in specific circumstances. Premiums may be based on schedule, facility, season, or specific work performed. Multiple premiums may apply if applicable criteria are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs, and conducts preventative maintenance on material handling and building equipment in safe and efficient manner.
- Utilizes established PM and repair policies and procedures to return equipment to fully operational status
- Read and understand technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair/maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- Work as a team member with operations and other technicians to support the facility in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to understand workload and record actions (e.g., workorders, asset/labor history, inventory usage)
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g., customers, suppliers, associates).
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Daily perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, banana room equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
Maintenance technician positions will require specific qualifications to be met in order to compete for these position. Minimum requirement examples are:
- Maintenance Technician
- Coursework or certification in electronic technology and 2 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment) OR 3 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment).
- 1 year experience in industrial refrigeration (e.g. valve rebuilds, working with refrigeration systems); OR 1 year experience with HVAC
- Will obtain the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA) Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator (CARO) and Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) certifications within 30 months of job entry date and will maintain them while employed in this position
- 1 year experience with ammonia refrigeration
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.