(USA) Development Technician, Skilled Facilities Maintenance
- All primary responsibilities will be assisted or performed under the direct supervision of an experienced technician
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities, equipment, and assets by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment) and using hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
Benefits of the General Maintenance Developmental Technician position:
- Full Time
- Bonus Eligible
- Eligible for bonus incentive
- 10% Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
General Maintenance Developmental Technician Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Can lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Can move up and down ladders frequently
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to work in various temperatures
- Must maintain excellent driving record
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries.
With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Walmart is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. We are an E-Verify Employer.
*Sign on applied to external new hires only. Not applicable to rehires under 12 months.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
1 years' experience in following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade. OR 2 years Walmart store experience
Facilities Maintenance Certificate of Completion through Live Better U and Penn Foster Career School
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
500 11TH ST SW, SPENCER, IA 51301-5826, United States of America