Senior Manager Financial Controls
Responsible for creating and updating the documentation and review of key business processes and internal controls within the US Healthcare Segment. Assesses the adequacy of controls and provides guidance on best practices to ensure the strengthening of internal controls over financial processes, operations and/or IT general controls. Manages ongoing testing of internal controls and ensures that processes and/or businesses are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”). Assists with SOX and other similar certification for assigned business and IT processes.
- Manages the implementation of the Strengthening of Controls project for the Retail Pharmacy USA business unit. Partners with finance and business leaders to document all critical business processes and controls in a manner that is consistent with the other businesses. Ensures the implementation of internal controls and work with the business to remediate any deficiencies and strengthen controls on an ongoing basis.
- In collaboration with finance leadership, provides support and contributes to the monthly internal and quarterly or annual SOX certification processes. Implement a process and structure to investigate issues and escalate to Senior Management in a timely manner while ensuring consistency across the enterprise.
- Implements unified policies and procedures for Retail Pharmacy USA. Partners with leadership to construct a framework or structure that would ensure ownership and maintenance of all critical policies and procedures for Retail Pharmacy USA.
- Implement testing strategy plans to test all key internal controls, including SOX controls. Manages the identification of gaps and implement remediation plans to address them.
- Addresses identified and or emerging control issues, through the development and design of enhanced reporting techniques for example within the Groups consolidation system to identify potential financial control issues at the earliest opportunity. Ensures best practice techniques are adhered by Business Partners in terms of the seamless and transparent link from local general ledgers to the Group consolidation system.
- Work with business and IT leadership to ensure that the Retail Pharmacy USA corporate functions are in compliance with SOX.
- Identifies potential financial control issues using the vast amount of financial information available, through access to senior finance leaders and experience of external best practice. Follows up on specific issues through to resolution, either directly or through influencing the Business.
- May manage a team to execute internal control testing and responsible for implementing financial process improvement initiatives. Mentors, coaches and evaluates staff members on an ongoing basis.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance Nasdaq WBA is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers and patients needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBAs purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNEs 2021 list of the Worlds Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co, has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelors degree and at least 6 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit and or Risk functions or High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit and or Risk functions.
- Experience in process design and review, risk assessment in business and or systems processes, and evaluation of internal controls
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Project management experience, including resource management
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Suite of Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to or at least 15% of the time for business purposes (domestically and or internationally).
- Bachelors degree and at least 7 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit and or Risk functions or High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Audit and or Risk functions.
- Masters degree in Accountancy or MBA
- CPA designation
- Experience in managing SOX Compliance programs in a large, multinational organization