What you'll do...
Part Time (Temporary Role)
Responsible for care and safety of children in the Youth Activity Center (YAC) by providing child supervision; planning and conducting age appropriate activities; using judgment when choosing appropriate discipline for situations; identifying and resolving potential safety issues; ensuring security by verifying child is picked up by proper parent or guardian, and communicating with parents regarding policies, procedures, discipline issues, and child's overall stay.
Performs administrative functions by registering new members to the YAC including updating parent/guardian information, emergency contact numbers, and executing liability waiver; assists members with checking children in and out of the Youth Activity Center to capture attendance data and ensure safety compliance; accepting payments; balancing cash drawer; and researching and planning age appropriate group activities to keep children engaged and active while attending the YAC.
Monitors classroom numbers to ensure compliance to fire code for each classroom; leads emergency evacuation process in YAC, including regular drills to practices evacuations; Provides a safe environment for children by interacting with assigned children in a compassionate, positive, and engaging manner; Provides hygiene care (for example, diaper changes); Contributes to cleaning by sanitizing bathrooms; and organizing, vacuuming, dusting, and sanitizing classroom areas.
Serves members as they enter the WLFC by greeting members; ensuring current membership; verifying members sign in; accepting guest payments; answering telephone calls; scheduling racquetball and tennis courts; handing out equipment (for example, basketballs, towels); answering basic member questions; referring members to management when necessary; assisting members with registration for classes; taking class and retail payments while utilizing the cash register functions; and providing class information.
Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: 1 year experience in child care or related field. 1 year experience in a face-to-face customer service role, including troubleshooting customer problems or issues and using point of sale software or cash registers.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Health Care & Social Assistance - CPR Child/Infant - Certification
1701 SE 14TH STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-0001, United States of America