Area Manager - Floor (Grocery)
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
Area Manager - Floor (Grocery)
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of multiple departments. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Manages Department Operations - Demonstrates and communicates fundamental knowledge of facility procedures to help associates conduct operations that meet facility goals. Educates, trains and ensures associates adhere to company policies, standards, and procedures related to facility operations. Helps associates understand and use procedures for facility operations, handling accidents and emergencies, and maintaining equipment that is safe and in proper working order. Identifies and appropriately responds to customer, compliance, and operational issues related to facility operations, taking steps to prevent recurrence.
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
Adaptability: Quickly Adapt - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Helps associates adjust to and develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
Talent: Supervise Associates - Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance. Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance. Recruits and hires the associates needed to meet business requirements. Teaches, guides, and assists in the
development of associates.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Moves up and down stairs.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, chemical protection and electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions. Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Works at heights.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year supervisory experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 1 year Walmart Logistics Management experience OR 2 years Walmart Logistics experience OR 2 years supervisory experience
- Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
- Both Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field; AND 1 year supervisory experience.
- 2 or more years Walmart Logistics supervisory experience.
- 3 or more years supervisory experience.
- 1 year Microsoft Office experience.
- Possible schedules include 3 or 4 day schedules (Saturday through Monday and Tuesday through Friday). Benefits include PTO, full medical coverage, college tuition reimbursement. In addition, we offer an annual bonus of up to 16% of base pay based upon the building's performance.