(USA) Intern Coach - June 2023
What you'll do...
Develops an understanding of store operations by following company policies and procedures; supporting hourly supervisors and management across functional areas; assisting in maintaining merchandise presentation (for example, setting up and organizing product displays); receiving and stocking merchandise; completing required paperwork, logs, and documentation as required; seeking out and completing job shadowing assignments with initiative; and providing continuous improvement feedback to leadership and stakeholders.
Models appropriate leadership behavior by observing management as they supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility; demonstrating a positive, service-focused attitude; and striving to provide excellence across all job aspects and performance areas.
Provides customer service to internal or external customers/members by communicating and meeting with associates; listening to associate comments or concerns; identifying customer needs; promoting functional area products and services; assisting in resolving customer issues and concerns; and supporting a safe shopping environment. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Currently enrolled in an accredited 4 year college or university and within 30 hours of being awarded a bachelor's degree in any area of focus Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher For facilities that sell only ammunition and have state specific requirements, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying may require a current state issued Certificate of Eligibility For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms-specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Merchandising, Retail Industry, Supply Chain
3900 E HILLSIDE DR, BROKEN ARROW, OK 74014-6713, United States of America