(USA) Care Host - WM Health - Medical Office Assistant
What you'll do...
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the nation's largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better, healthier lives. We strive to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
This is a Part Time Opportunity.
You'll make an impact as you:
- Provide administrative support to the Center by utilizing electronic medical record and practice management systems to complete administrative tasks (for example, patient registration and intake, scheduling follow up appointments with patients, payment transactions); processing patient referrals to specialists; processing insurance information; verifying patient insurance eligibility; collecting appropriate insurance copayment amounts; and monitoring inventory of office supplies and materials.
- Ensure compliance and customer service by maintaining patient, employee, and computer data confidentiality; participating in quality improvement initiatives, and quality management programs; assisting in the development and promotion of clinical practice (for example, patient outreach within the store and employer at sites, clinical education, local community outreach events); helping patients complete customer experience surveys and addressing patient questions about Center services and offerings.
- Develop, communicate, and implement processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Lead and participate in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
- Demonstrate, promote, and support compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
About Walmart Health
Walmart is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, we launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.
The customer is at the heart of all we do. We are focused on the needs of the patient and customer. We are partnering with several on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, optical and hearing services all in one facility.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
1 year's experience in customer service, sales pitches and communications, health and wellness checkout roles, greeting patients, or related field.
High school diploma/GED.
Strong administrative and organizational skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry systems.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Experience in a clerical position preferred., Front desk clinic operations and/or health and wellness checkout roles, Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance plans is beneficial.
6435 BELLS FERRY RD, WOODSTOCK, GA 30189-2317, United States of America