(USA) Assistant General Manager II
What you'll do...
Develops and implements the business plan and new strategies for assigned area of responsibility to achieve large- or medium-scale facility goals (for example, production, quality, safety); and implementing operational improvements.
Manages assigned financial aspects by monitoring and tracking expenses against budgets; monitoring asset utilization; and preparing, reviewing, and analyzing business reports.
Monitors and ensures facility-wide compliance with supply chain and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures, and directives by developing, distributing, and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
Serves as a community liaison by participating in local and community organizations and charitable activities; promoting company-sponsored programs and events to associates and customers.
Supervises and manages associates and leaders in assigned area of responsibility by giving direction, communicating goals, monitoring performance, and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching and supporting logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation associates facility-wide.
Supports continuous improvement efforts consistent with the Walmart Performance System (WPS) by driving implementation of WPS and establishing root cause analysis process.
Implements and monitors supply chain initiatives by incorporating change management principles, implementing playbooks, and monitoring review and response systems. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in Management, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance, or related field and 2 years' experience in a senior management role within an operations, distribution, supply chain, or retail environment OR 4 years' experience in a senior management role as an operations, distribution, supply chain, or retail environment.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Business - International, Developing and maintaining critical external relationships, Food - Safety, Lean Manufacturing, Managing Fresh or Dry Grocery
Masters: Business, Masters: Supply Chain
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
2120 N STEMMONS ST, SANGER, TX 76266-3248, United States of America