(USA) Director, Global Communications - Corporate Affairs - Media Relations
What you'll do...
The Director, Media Relations is a strategic, proactive thinker and creative communicator, thirsting for something new each day. We are ready to welcome you to one of the most dynamic jobs out there!
Join the Global Communications team at Walmart and make an impact not only on the future of retail, but on topics and issues the whole world is watching. As a member of the Walmart Inc. Communications team, you'll work cross-functionally to identify ways to better tell the Walmart story. You'll be working closely with leaders across the organization to develop and deliver messaging that reaches diverse audiences, sourcing and sharing compelling stories that will help manage and drive reputational lift.
You'll make an impact by:
- Leading strategic, proactive media engagement designed to enhance the company's reputation and drive action across company priorities.
- Partnering with executive leadership and stakeholders across the organization to source stories and content to be leveraged via earned media and owned channels to reinforce Walmart's impact and position as an innovative, trusted retailer.
- Building and maintaining deep relationships with national, trade and local reporters.
- Coordinating media outreach across the team to ensure connected, thoughtful media engagement.
- Serving as a high-level company spokesperson delivering sensitive and impactful key messages to enhance and protect corporate reputation.
- Providing counsel to communications colleagues on potential media engagements and reporter interests.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have deep experience working with national media and the skills to protect the company's reputation and shape a story through reporter engagement.
- You've secured strong, proactive media coverage and have pre-existing relationships with retail beat and other relevant media contacts
- You are a master at managing issues that rise to the attention of national media
- You have proven ability to influence with a commanding and engaging executive presence
- You're an expert storyteller, creative thinker and a visionary
- You're a self-starter, organized, disciplined, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You're a master at making complex subjects easily understood through words and visuals
- You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage in a fast-paced environment
- You have exemplary oral and written communications skills
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from healthcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background, yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business, or related field and 5 years' experience in public relations, communications, or relevant area OR 7 years' experience in public relations, communications, or relevant area. 2 years' supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Government Relations, Media Relations, Retail Industry
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America