Senior Manager II, Operations, Ecomm(Walmart GoLocal Business Development)
What you'll do...
Want to be part of an environment with the same impact, autonomy, and fun as a startup, and with the backing and organizational stability of the biggest retailers in the world? Like being an entrepreneur, and launching and scaling businesses? Consider Walmart GoLocal!
Walmart GoLocal is a newly launched business line at Walmart that offers highly competitive local commerce solutions to retailers, brands and SMBs of all sizes and scale. Our core mission is to transform people's lives by improving proliferation of convenient local commerce services such as local delivery, especially in previously underserved rural and suburban communities.
Press release: [Register to View] intro: [Register to View] are already one of the top platforms in the space and looking to aggressively drive scale. Core to our strategy is our aspiration to democratize world class local commerce services and offer the same capabilities that power the core Walmart businesses to any merchant.
Our team is growing quickly, and the core leadership team consists of talent from industry leading technology companies as well as high performing Walmart team members. We are looking to build on this foundation and bring in the next set of leaders to drive our growth ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Business Development to join Walmart GoLocal and accelerate our partnerships with merchants.
You'll be successful in this role if:
• You have previous sales, business development, or account expansion experience, with a track record of closing or expanding complex deals
• You are able to move partnerships through each stage of a sales pipeline, from identification to prospecting to negotiating and closing. You thrive equally on the ambiguity of starting sales conversations from nothing as well as the detail of managing commercial and legal contract negotiations
• You are able to build productive relationships with senior C-, VP-, and Director-level contacts in external companies, particularly enterprise- and mid-market sized companies
• You are experienced at driving adoption of technology enabled offerings across multiple stakeholder groups internally and externally
You'll make an impact by:
• Developing go to market strategy and sales pipeline for key categories of merchants within the enterprise, mid-market, and channel partner verticals
• Closing deals with merchants that drive business volume
• Building and managing cross-functional relationships with Operations, Product, Customer Success, Legal, and other groups within Walmart to adapt our offering to merchant needs and power the business forward
• Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus
• Previous sales, partnerships, or account expansion experience required; experience in SaaS technology, e-commerce, local commerce, logistics or delivery a plus
• Creativity and comfort with ambiguity; familiarity with new growing businesses a plus
• Financial acumen
• A general athlete's ability to understand and navigate multiple areas of expertise (tech and integration, marketing, pricing,
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $89,500.00-$192,500.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 4 years' experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 6 years' experience in operations, project management, or related area. 2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leadership of cross-functional task forces or projects
Masters, Masters: Operations Management
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America