Sr. Product Manager- Pharmacy & Healthcare
- Reviews the divisional goals and customer experience for assigned area and translates into a logically sequenced and optimized action plan. Develops the product and feature roadmap for area of expertise.
- Oversees and ensures adherence to the plan. Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair site functionality and/or the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals. Manages prioritization and trade-offs among engineering, user experience and customer service.
- Develops detailed product features, requirements and implementation plans. Manages and oversees existing functionality of assigned area. Identifies the customer segments with strong growth potential and opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer and profitability/ROI to the organization. Gathers input to define product concepts. Develops strategy and implementation plans for growth. Oversees implementation of features within area. Accountable for end results of implemented strategies.
- Leads cross-functional teams to envision new product features. Coordinates among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that products features get to market per specifications.
- Develops and is accountable for the long - and short -term goals that directly impact the growth for the adoption and usage of the Walgreens pharmacy business for the assigned product and features.
- Defines and analyzes markets, including but not limited to the measurement and analysis of existing products and services. Evaluates technologies and identifies opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Performs business and financial analysis, monitoring and reporting. Builds business case to justify expenditures for building products.
- Performs as SME and as consultant to senior management and key stakeholders in area of expertise. Builds strong internal relationships with technology and development teams in order to drive implementation of new product features and strategies.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes. Builds and maintains employee morale and motivation. Ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies. Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Identifies industry best practices in pharmacy and builds partner relationships. Understands how technology advancements drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in product/business management OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in product/business management.
- At least 5 years of experience in consumer-facing or internal client-facing solution development.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management, business development, or management consulting.
- Experience working with the product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- MBA, Masters or other advanced degree
- Experience in pharmacy, healthcare or retail industry