Pharmacy Customer Service Assoc. Cert
Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
Registers sales on assigned cash register, provides customers with courteous, fair, friendly, and efficient checkout service.
In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and efficient service.
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up and/or companion items.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register, collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids, returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes inventory, and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the shift leader.
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Constructs and maintains displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions as directed.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Provides customer service in the photo area, including digital passport photo service, poster print and creative machine, suggestive sell of promotional photo products.
- Assumes web pick-up responsibilities (monitors orders in Picture Care Plus, fills orders (pick items), delivers orders to customers as they arrive at store).
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or assigned by corporate and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes [Register to View] Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing medications.
- Prefer good computer skills.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
- Prefer PTCB certification.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
To see the salary range for this position please click here: [Register to View] . If you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link, please copy and paste this URL into your browser [Register to View]