USA Co-Manager II - Sam's Club
What you'll do...
Assists in providing supervision and development opportunities for members of management and hourly Associates in the Facility by monitoring thehiring, training, and mentoring of associate; assigning duties, providing recognition, ensuring diversity awareness; and recruiting qualified Associatesto meet staffing needs and achieve Company growth potential.Upholds the Company's Open Door Policy by meeting with Associates and listening to concerns; researching issues; reviewing Company policies andprocedures; providing resolutions for Associates; and proactively seeks out Associate comments and concerns.Adheres to Company and legal policies, procedures, and compliance regulations for a Facility by analyzing and interpreting reports; implementing andmonitoring human resource compliance, asset protection and safety controls; assisting in overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurancereviews; developing and implementing action plans to improve performance; providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs andstrategic initiatives; and assisting in directing the management team in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.Participates in community outreach programs, and encourages and supports Associates in serving as good members of the community byestablishing and maintaining relationships with key individuals or groups in the community, acting as the representative for the Company; presentingthe Company's perspective to various external organizations following the Company's media guidelines; and promoting Company- sponsoredprograms, events, and sustainability efforts to Associates, Members, and the local community to emphasize the Facility as part of the community.Builds knowledge and skills in operating a Facility by delegating duties and assignments to Assistant Managers; reviewing and analyzing reports;creating budgets; leading Facility tours; setting Facility standards; providing communication updates about the Company; and making decisions underthe Club Manager's guidance.Monitors the financial performance of the Facility by confirming that budgeted sales, membership, wages and other expenses are achieved; assistingin leading the management team in controlling expenses and wages to ensure expenses are indexed to sales; creating and implementing plans toimprove the financial performance of the Facility; and shadowing the creation of budgets and participating in analyzing economic trends andcommunity needs for budget forecasting.Supports the oversight and enforcement of the execution of food safety standards, cold chain compliance, and food merchandise quality by evaluatingthe temperature, storage, sanitation, date coding, product rotation, labels, and recalls on stocked merchandise; and ensuring the fresh area's forecastfor production, on-hand supplies, and current in stock are in line with Company's expectations and the Facility budgets.Contributes to membership and sales growth in a Facility by visiting Business Members and potential Members' places of business; building Memberrelationships inside and outside the Facility; observing the directing of managers in Member relationship development and visits; motivating theMembership Sales Team; and modeling all Associates about the value of Membership and the quality of Sam's Club's merchandise.Assists the Club Manager in the area of directing and guiding members of management and hourly associates on proper member service approachesand techniques by ensuring member needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within company guidelines and standards; overseeingclub operations in the absence of the club manager; assisting with member service as needed; assisting members with purchases; and answeringquestions or providing information to members and associates.Increases quality of member experience by modeling appropriate service levels; and developing effective merchandise presentation (for example,accurate and competitive pricing, proper signing, maintaining in-stock and inventory levels, requesting merchandise to meet the needs of thecommunity).Assists and develops in directing the management team in all facility operations by ensuring asset protection, inventory control, member service, andmember and associate safety; ensuring that all areas of the facility are in compliance with company policies and procedures; and communicating withmembers of management and associates about facility operations, merchandising, and company direction.Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders;supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability forand measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promotingcontinuous learning.Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; andensuring diversity awareness.Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity byimplementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executingbusiness processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
2 years' experience in retail management or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Big Box (for example, supercenter, superstore, megastore) retail merchandising experience
3060 FRANKLIN TERRACE DR, JOHNSON CITY, TN 37604-4123, United States of America