(USA) Software Engineer III - eComm
What you'll do...
About Team: Retail Tech Platforms
The Retail Tech Platforms organization has been created with a mission to centrally and horizontally support the enterprise retail and data platforms. Retail Tech Platforms includes: the transaction, catalog content, market intelligence and data management platforms. We utilize enterprise platform infrastructure to build and deploy scalable, leverage-able capabilities and systems across the enterprise.
What you'll do:
Provide support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
Manage small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions.
Troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues.
Assist in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans.
What you'll bring:
- Proficiency in ETL/ ELT and SQL (any flavor)
- Working knowledge of any Cloud (GCP, Azure, AWS); GCP preferred for Big Data; Azure for application dev
- Data pipeline/workflow management tools such as Airflow, Automic or similar.
- Data flow programming: Scala, Spark, Python
- Ability to script - bash, ksh
- Expertise in Big Data Ecosystem with experience in Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Scala, Streaming (Kafka or similar message bus)
- Experience with Data Goverance tools such as Collibra etc.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD, Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system
- Knowledge/ expertise in data management functions such as data quality, metadata management, data lineage, data security etc.
- Deploy and monitor products on Cloud platforms and optimize cloud spend/cost
- Develop and implement best-in-class monitoring processes to enable data applications/ products meet SLAs
- Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to collaborate, leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community
- Identify right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/ Pilot and/or interacting with various open source forums
- Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome product features to keep platform ahead of market scenarios.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America