Associate Actuary (Virtual)
Job Classification:Actuarial - Actuarial
This associate will be a member of the Forecasting unit of the Individual Life Insurance (ILI) Projections and Valuation team playing a key role supporting the modeling and analysis of Individual Life Variable, Traditional and Interest Sensitive products, as well as supporting the development of enhanced analytics to better align the Reporting and the Forecast data.
The Individual Life Insurance (ILI) Forecast team is at a pivotal point in our transformation journey as we recently implemented a major end-to-end process overhaul and transformed the way we work. We are now poised to focus on the analysis of our results and gain a deeper understanding of the model output, all while working in a more agile fashion. In addition, ILI Forecast looks to support the broader ILI Valuation and Projections team goals with cross-team opportunities as well as support initiatives driven by our Financial Management and Enterprise Valuation Partners.
This role requires the ability to lead other resources (more junior and/or offshore) through the execution of work, and will offer exposure to senior leaders within ILI Projections and Valuation, Enterprise Valuation, and our stakeholders in Financial Management. As such, the role is suitable for an experienced, technically advanced early-to-middle career actuary. We are looking for driven, intellectually curious leaders with the technical aptitude to quickly grasp new tools and contribute to further advancing our analytics, model understanding, and capabilities.
Areas of focus:
• Lean into agile best practices to drive culture of technical excellence, focus on value, and prioritization.
• Identify and champion process improvements to drive material operational efficiency and build foundational capabilities.
• Key contributor to cross-team initiatives with the GAAP and Stat Reporting teams within ILI Projections and Valuation
• Support strategic initiatives and any Ad hoc requests from Finance, Treasurers, Enterprise Risk Management, and Enterprise Valuation
• Leverage new technology like Python, SQL, and Power BI to develop and enhance analytical/attribution capabilities to improve and streamline the analysis of results
• Maintain and run actuarial forecast models in GGY Axis to project best estimate cash flows and STAT and GAAP reserve projections. This may include updating model inputs, generating reports, running post-modeling processes, performing validation and analysis of results, and summarizing storylines for senior management and business partners.
• Maintain and enhance project controls and documentation in compliance with Enterprise and regulatory standards
• Familiarity with actuarial / finance concepts
• Familiarity with Individual Life GAAP accounting / Stat reserving
• Familiarity with Individual Life products
• Experience with Python, PowerBI, SQL
• Experience with Actuarial Modeling Software (GGY AXIS or PolySystems preferred)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• ASA Actuarial credential
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.