Director, Product Management (US) - Marketplace Post Purchase
What you'll do...
We are looking for a stellar product thought leader to lead the product team and strategy for Walmart Sellers' end to end order lifecycle experience (returns, refunds, orders management, disputes and contact reduction) for the critical Walmart Marketplace. This role will oversee this area's product management team with a primary goal to bring seamless and intuitive experiences while keeping in mind various policies, working with partner teams to ensure Sellers have a highly engaging experience for their post purchase activities.
You will sweep us of our feet if...
- You have experience in building strategy and launching user experience-based products for Marketplaces or a 2-sided businesses.
- You have led and build high performing teams.
- You have experience in helping change mindsets and processes to drive thought leadership backed by strong execution.
- You have strong affinity for solving problem and manage escalations.
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity and can navigate large stakeholder groups.
- You are user obsessed and always think about the why before talking about the what and how.
- You have experience & strong bias for working with UX designers to create intuitive experiences.
- You can demonstrate strong, confident, and succinct communication.
You'll make an impact by ...
- Defines long-term vision and strategies for Post Purchase encompassing order dashboard, fulfilment and delivery, cancellations, returns &refunds and customer contact reduction by capitalizing on domain expertise; leveraging internal and external best practices and standards to drive decision making; identifying market opportunities based on an in-depth understanding of the market and competition, overseeing the execution of benchmark studies and competitive assessments, approving business cases; prioritizing and allocating resources; and approving objectives and key performance indicators.
- Develop and manage product roadmaps; gathering and documenting requirements; overseeing the development of requirements by other associates; collecting and analyzing customer and product data; turning customer insights into actionable priorities and initiatives; defining user and business acceptance criteria and roll out strategy; managing risks and dependencies; and prioritizing product backlog.
- Craft and develop strategic solutions to business challenges by communicating clear vision to key partners (business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics, design); engaging with key partners to determine implementation methods and timeline; and gaining buy-in from executive-level leadership.
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer, seller and operational needs, developing and communicating business plans and priorities. Remove barriers and obstacles that impact performance, provide resources, develop contingency plans, and demonstrate adaptability and support continuous learning.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for team leads and ICs by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Identify new opportunities for us to explore based on customer & seller needs throughout their lifecycle to help sellers unlock value and ultimately be successful.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $192,000.00-$288,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years' experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years' experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years' experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America