What you'll do...
Develop and interpret material flow control system reports in order to maintain system and identify improvement opportunities.Monitor color-coded display and correct logic errors in material flow control system.Process or handle product (e.g., realign pallets, stabilize loads) on material handling system (e.g., conveyor, crane, shuttle car, monorail carts)according to procedure.Monitor color-coded display in material flow control system to identify errors (e.g., jams), and direct appropriate DC resources to address errorsComplies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy;and applying these in executing business processes and practices.Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and otherbusiness partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining andrecommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Coursework in a computer-related field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology) OR 6 months experience as a Walmart associate and 6
months experience using and maintaining computer applications (e.g. troubleshooting, email, spreadsheets, word processing, database) OR 1 year
experience in an computer-related field (e.g., computer science, management information systems)
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Computer related field (e.g., computer science, management information system, Monitoring and correcting errors on automated or semi-automated equipment through the use of computer programs or physical interaction
Associates: Computer Science, Associates: Information Technology
2150 W PLEASANT CENTER ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46819-0000, United States of America