(USA) Manager I, Advanced Analytics - Business Intelligence
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
The eCommerce Analytics team partners with the eCommerce Product and Strategy teams to build product and experiences that enhance the experience for millions of customers. You'll leverage data support and drive the work of teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry including the cart and checkout experience, account creation and sign-in flows, and other purchase-oriented digital experience. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, you'll get to deliver customer-centric solutions before they walk in the door, after they purchase, and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Data Analyst III, eCommerce Analytics role at Walmart could be the fit you've been looking for.
The role involves partnering very closely with multiple PMs, Engineers, Test Managers and Business Partners to elevate the site experience across verticals on Walmart.
What you'll do...
- Working with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor logging and metrics. Craft simple, dependable data pipelines and automated reporting to surface metrics.
- Identifying, translating, prioritizing, and informing important product questions with data.
- Designing, building, and maintaining ETL pipeline of analytical data warehouse.
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, long-term trends, segmentation, and more as necessary.
- Designing and building intuitive dashboards and generate daily reports
- Working with a collaborative team made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, to rapidly iterate new products and site features at scale.
- Providing and supporting the implementation of business solutions applying data modeling, SQL, and data warehousing skills.
- Applying fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, and common pitfalls of data analysis.
- Helping design and drive meaningful improvements and optimizations for the checkout experience. This position does not supervise employees.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You have experience working with large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets.
- You have experience working with data ingestion techniques.
- You have designed and developed ETL data pipelines.
- You have experience standardizing and automating ETL processes using scripting and reporting to surface metrics.
- You have worked with Big Data and Hadoop technologies.
- You have written Hive queries to pull data from complex data sources.
- You have experience with data modeling and data warehousing.
- You have experience with SQL, and you can demonstrate knowledge of statistical analysis and data analysis.
- You have experience building dashboards.
- You have experience automating manual reports to minimize manual efforts and optimizing dashboards to make them more intuitive and efficient.
- You have experience deep diving into data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, long-term trends, and segmentation.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Walmart Ecommerce
We are Walmart eCommerce - the team shaping the future of online shopping by defining the global online marketplace that influences millions of shoppers daily. We bring a passion and expertise that is unmatched, and our efforts have an epic impact on the world around us, both inside and outside of work. With colleagues across the nation, we strive to create a sense of belonging and embrace diversity in all forms, with no shortage of guidance and support for you as you grow and develop your career here. Discover the impact you can make at careers.walmart.com.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $104,000.00-$156,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 1 year's experience in data analytics or related field OR 3 years' experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Analytics in retail operations, Experience using in-database analytics, SAS, SQL, or similar programming languages to retrieve, merge, and hygiene data from multiple sources or platforms
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America