Director, Finance - Next-Gen Fulfillment Network
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
Join Walmart as Director, Finance - Next-Gen Fulfillment Network Leader and your work could help over 295 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart Omni-Channel Supply Chain Finance is seeking a strategic and operationally savvy finance leader. As the Director of Finance, you will partner with the leader of the Next-Gen Fulfillment Center network and serve as the steward of the business overseeing the Finance team supporting the fulfillment centers.
Reporting to the Senior Director II of Fulfilment Center Finance, this role requires the perfect combination of financial acumen and a strategic mindset to reduce our cost to serve through productivity improvement and automation. Additionally, the ability to understand business trends, foresee financial opportunities and risks, and effectively influence business results is an important part of the everyday. Are you ready to leverage your operational and financial expertise to build our next generation fulfillment centers? Join us!
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are curious and relentlessly ask questions
- You can manage the interconnectivities of business units
- You drive results with strong financial acumen and technical/analytical capabilities
- You are excited to indirectly influence teams to enable the objectives of the company
- You're familiar with digital/tech product finance or asset management
- You're familiar with finance and strategies associate with Supply Chain organizations
- You're skilled at diplomacy and aligning stakeholders with competing priorities, including senior leaders
- You're a storyteller - a master at making complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals
- You have high standards and can hold business partners accountable
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
- You have experience managing a high performing team
You'll make an impact by:
Financial Decision Making - Leading high-quality level of financial decision support to the Fulfillment Center network by collaborating with leadership to optimize the Fulfillment Center Key Performance Indicators to deliver on behalf of our customers
Managing Strategic Financial Plans - Oversee development of both long-term strategic planning and short-term operational plans by partnering across the organization to establish targets and resources needs. Establishing and communicating information about financial targets; identifying and reporting risk levels determined for the overall financial plan; providing actionable insights
Project and Business Management - Presenting feedback to leadership regarding results within the daily operations and providing insight on relevant historical trends and expected future events working through future tailwinds and headwinds within the operation
Communications and Presentations - Provides strategic input for business decisions by overseeing development of financial analysis/modeling incorporating assumptions, expectations, and known risks; preparing presentations and other supporting materials for recommendations
Talent and Leadership - Working cross functionally bringing teams together through indirect influence; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, on-going development and succession planning, and leveraging capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 5 years' experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 7 years' experience in accounting, finance, or related area.
- 5+ years' experience in Finance, Planning, Business Management, or a related area
- 2 years of experience leading and completing cross-functional projects
- Experience working in Fortune 100 finance
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Detail and results-oriented with sense of urgency
- Comfort with ambiguity
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 5 years' experience in accounting, finance, or relevant area OR 7 years' experience
i n accounting, finance, or related area.
2 years' supervisory experience.
2 years' experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Strategic Planning, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organization
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
3501 BRANDON ROAD, JOLIET, IL 60436-0000, United States of America