Software Engineer III
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Tech's Site Reliability Engineering team is built with hybrid engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, scalability, automation, and important issues related to uptime, availability and fast rate of improvement of Walmart's e-commerce, stores, and omni-channel platform. Our goal is to build and guard the systems that delights the customers with watchful eye on capacity and performance.
As part of Reliability Engineering & Operations, you'll help to implement a unified, reliable, operationally set of tools for Walmart Technology & its customers across all channels and geographies.
What you'll do
- As a Software Engineer III, you'll work with senior engineers to lead technical discovery, design, and implementation of large-scale applications, products, and platforms. You'll identify short-term and long-term solutions and timelines, review and approve proposed solutions, and provide important documentation, direction and examples to your team. This position specifically will allow you to work on systems that support stores and clubs. It will give you a new understanding of what it means to develop at scale.
- Oversee and address and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis.
- Plan and deploy applications and configuration change procedures. Oversee all alerts related to application and system procedures and provide services.
- You will participate in the design, implementation, maintenance, and evolution of Walmart Observability's backend systems.
- You will deploy, operate, and scale Walmart Observability's backend services in production environments and help improve engineering quality and operation perfection for the whole team.
- With your domain expertise, you will make recommendations to influence the roadmap. This role is important to creating ideas and share what is possible with streaming algorithms.
- Implement application which meet throughput and SLAs requirements.
- Implement unit test cases, perform code reviews, and write feature documentation. Perform build, deployment, and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
- Guide production deployments using platform's automated CI and deployment tools. Provide support as SME for the functional domain.
What you'll bring
- SOA applications and cloud-based services experience.
- Experience with container orchestration
- Clustering software experience such as: Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Ansible, Mesos
- continuous delivery and deployment pipelines experience. As well as, monitoring and metrics infrastructure.
- Five years' experience developing software using languages such as: Java, GoLang, Python, C++ or Ruby. Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure. Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $120,000.00-$170,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America