IT Engineer I
Performs and implements activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Work is received in short term assignments that require application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the Technology engineering work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Participating in improvement and monitoring of deployment operations on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Participating in evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Participating in development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of standard and advanced features.
- Participating in development of processes and interface requirements.
- Participating in data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens [Register to View] is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. Nasdaq WBA, an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBAs purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nations medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of programming languages.
- Knowledge of IT technologies.