Visual Analytics Engineer
Builds and maintains scalable data visualization products as well as web scale interactive visualizations underpinned by massive amounts of data. Identifies valuable internal and external data. Collaborates closely with data scientists and business clients to define data for the design development and deployment of new data visualization solutions that support strategic business priorities
- Develops complex data visualization applications that process store and serve data business intelligence insights and visualizations for use by others
- Develops large scale data structures to generate insights and address reporting needs. Develops data visualizations and dashboards to analyze complex datasets in an intuitive format working with data architects to derive the correct datasets for BI tool consumption or custom visualization applications
- Writes backend processes and develops tools for real time and offline analytic processing
- Develops and maintains optimal visualization applications that are scalable automated and secure. Improves data consistency and integrity. Contributes to stakeholder meetings to understand business requirements create functional and technical designs and document data visualization artifacts
- Troubleshoots data visualization applications and processes for data consistency and integrity. Integrates data from a variety of sources assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards. Provides frontline technical support to resolve data visualization related issues support queries and tool access
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience in data visualization, data engineering, data science, analytics, statistics or a related function OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in data visualization, data engineering, data science, analytics, statistics or a related function
- Experience working with SQL
- Exposure to enterprise data visualization software such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining key relationships with internal (peers, business partners and leadership) and external (business community, clients and vendors) within a matrix organization to ensure quality standards for service.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with Azure application deployment