Pharmacist Centralized Services Oklahoma (based out of a retail store)
Job Summary :
Responsible for the implementation of healthcare strategies and driving patient health outcomes. Executes patient intervention pharmacy programs and ensures compliance of clinical pharmacy services. Responsible for executing against identified partner-established pharmacy programs. Drives Pharmacy financial performance by executing on pharmacy programs to maximize reimbursements while improving patient health outcomes. Responsible for prescription processing from a remote setting. Fosters strong relationships with medical communities in assigned area and acts as a representative and liaison of the company. Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to other pharmacists and field leaders. Maintains current knowledge of Pharmacy industry and maintains required licensure.
- Implements direct patient care programs, including but not limited to Medication Therapy Management programs, Immunization Services, and Payer and Pharma Adherence & Clinical Programs. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects to ensure business needs are being met.
- Drives compliance and continuous quality improvement in the delivery of clinical pharmacy patient care and services by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; monitoring and analyzing results; and implementing changes. Helps ensure area Pharmacies adhere to regulatory compliance, standard operating procedures and FDA regulations.
- Drives regional pharmacy financial performance by aligning business strategies with company financial goals. Implements and executes patient intervention pharmacy programs to maximize financial performance.
- Supports efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and retail, clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, disease state management and Specialty programs).
- Provides expertise, resources, education and support to pharmacists and field leadership. Supports staff training experiences and development opportunities. Promotes teamwork and motivates Pharmacy staff by fostering a shared vision and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Conducts data and clinical reviews and taking necessary actions to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of medications.
- Reviews drug histories and patient profiles to ensure proper and safe drug therapy. Provides individualized patient/provider consultation.
- Through use of superior communication skills, wins the trust of patients by listening to their issues and providing a sounding board for the pharmacy concerns.
- Provides feedback as to the effectiveness of the Customer Retention Program including comments from patients as the value of individual consultations.
- Responsible for all questions, dialogues, and issues which relate directly to patient therapy.
- Provides clinical consultation and knowledge to patients, doctors, and insurance plans as needed.
- Performs other work consistent with the job responsibilities in this document as assigned by management.
- Follows guidelines and procedures for all job responsibilities in order to meet goals. Adheres to company policies and procedures including all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy laws.
About Walgreens and WBA :
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD and at least one (1) year of experience in a retail pharmacy environment.
- Current Pharmacist license as granted by the appropriate state licensing authority.
- Experience motivating team members to research and resolve issues.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Willing to work non-standard hours, which may include evenings, holidays and/or weekends.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Willingness to obtain other state pharmacy licenses if needed.
- Knowledge of insurance plans.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems including Intercom, Promise, and Plus.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).