Registered Group Manager Centralized Services
Responsible for overseeing the operation, training and development of facility team members supporting the pharmacy activities at a Centralized Services site, including registered pharmacists, technicians and support personnel, to ensure compliance with applicable pharmacy regulations and quality standards. Maintains and improves performance of department through building employee morale, motivating team members, and using constructive coaching/discipline policies of the organization.
- Manages the day-to-day support and operations of the Centralized Services business units with respect to performance and metrics. Coordinates schedules to ensure appropriate coverage at all times to support business partners and serve customers.
- Serves as the Pharmacist in Charge as required by facility. Develops and maintains professional relationships related to the Centralized Services operations to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy laws as well as company and facility policies and procedures. Develops and maintains Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
- Oversees necessary security protocols to ensure protection of patient privacy in line with the company HIPAA guidelines. Responsible for maintaining all records and following the laws and regulations regarding the pharmacy practice. Reviews pharmacist licensure and pharmacy technician registration status and renewals.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes. Builds and maintains employee morale and motivation. Ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies. Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Responsible for pharmacy related customer service activities and protocols. Reviews quality monitoring for pharmacist and technician phone interactions with patients and healthcare professionals. Helps to handle issues, escalated calls and tickets from team members as reported to ensure resolution of all issues.
- Keeps current and communicates knowledge and relevant information to pharmacy technicians and pharmacists at all times. Responsible for reviewing training documents, standard operating procedures as they relate to pharmacy operations. Serves as a pharmacy subject matter expert for pharmacists and pharmacy technician staff.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction. Models the vision, mission and values of the company.
- Facilitates continuous improvement to reach team goals.
- Responsible for developing standards of work performance, orientation and training programs, budgets and plans.
- Responsible for identifying new ideas and approaches. Adapts to varying circumstances to achieve business results. Responsible for analyzing work-related problems and identifying sustainable solutions.
- Completes continuing education credits towards pharmacy licensure to maintain current status.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide."
- Registered Pharmacist with at least five years of experience as a pharmacist.
- Current pharmacist licensure in multiple states as required by Centralized Services, or willing and able to obtain licensure in multiple states within six months of position start date, in order to serve as PIC for facility licensing across multiple states.
- Experience developing, implementing and leading all aspects of pharmacy operations. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Accountable to act as PIC (Pharmacist in Charge) as needed for facility licensing. Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience analyzing data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and design solutions.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels inside and outside of an organization.
- Experience in using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to work various hours, any shift, including evenings and weekends.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s degree/MBA
- Experience with a Lean Six Sigma environment.
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, delegating, allocating, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Walgreens management experience.